Friday, May 27, 2011

Rock MJ

If you say 'I love pop' to a hard core rock music fan, chances are you would be punched right in the face.

I can't figure out the reasons why rock and pop just can't go together. The battle is quite is old. They say that these two are two extreme ends of a string called music. The only similarity is the prominent use of drums. 

Beat It by Michael Jackson
I cant stop myself telling you about this particular song where the king of pop and the guitar hero, jam together. Beat it. A single from the album Thriller by Michael Jackson. Eddie Van Halen being on guitar. I couldn't believe myself when I found out that this single went on the list of 100 Greatest Guitar Solos, despite belonging to a pop album. The song's marvelous. No doubt about it. A perfect blend of  beats and strings.


Van Halen and MJ jamming up in a concert
It is wonderful to know that they were not together just for namesake. Van Halen showed up in MJ's one of concert Victory Tour. It fetched MJ two grammies. It is very sad that we didn't get to see another such melody. Whenever I listen to it, I get stuck at this part of the song.

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky and strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right



No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, here's an empty box, if you feel like writing back.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...