Sunday, May 29, 2011

Composed!

It was a sunny day and I had to go to Thane. It's been years since I had gone there. I discovered that they had implemented a crazy system of queue, outside the railway station for hiring auto rickshaws. It got to my nerves  to see almost half a kilometre long queue ahead of me. The only thing good about it was its fast moving pace. Within a minute or two I had come halfway through.

Meanwhile, I was noticing an old lady, wearing a typical Maharashtrian attire, in her late sixties, already passed through the bottleneck of the queue. She was holding a marriage card in her hand. May be that's where she was going. When her turn came, she showed autowala the card. I guess she did not know the venue herself. Without taking a deep glance, the autowala nodded in  denial.  Determined, she then proceeded to next auto with the card in her hand, where she got the same response.  And then it was a trend. Until a lady constable came and helped her. It was clear that she couldn't keep up with the pace of the system.
 
All this time, the lady never lost her calm; Neither the smile on her face.  I would have started yelling at people by this time, if I were in her place. It was eating my mind. How can a person stay so composed? What is it? The enthusiasm of going to an unknown place. Or celebrations of someone beloved's marriage. Or may it's just her. Her nature to smile. May be I'll never figure it out. 

I just want god to keep her smiling.....Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, here's an empty box, if you feel like writing back.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...