Tuesday, November 1, 2011

W.A.R.

We Ain't Rats

I see all these people around me, so engrossed in their work lives, trying to give their more than cent percent to the organization, trying to impress their bosses, trying to bag the piece of cheese. Most of the people wouldn't find anything wrong with it. Neither did I, until I realized that this rat-race is going to consume me ultimately. The question is, is this what you are born to do? Sitting in a chair and doing books, managing accounts, giving support to some alien software? I wouldn't dare to ask this question to my colleagues, 'what is your ultimate aim in life?' And if I did, I am sure I would get answers like, nothing; to die one day in piece; to be a man of no regrets; etc. The biggest fools are those who actually argue with you about they being right. Oh god, please. Give them a life!

I had decided not to bother about this stuff anymore. I mean its their life and I can't liberate (or whatever is the right word) everyone I see. But, watching my friends do the same thing, makes me lose my mind. I wish I could slap them and tell to stop. And thus W.A.R.

The system is a trap. They lure you for all those corporate awards and promotions, make you work so hard so that THEY can enjoy a good show, even without letting you know why. Tell me how it's different from a rat-race, all rats running behind the cheese. Every god damned initiative taken by the company to make you feel good, let me tell you, is a trap. If someone benefits, it's the company. And that's why HR guys are the most hated people in the company.

The funny thing is one doesn't really need anything to break out of the trap. All it takes is mere realization. So declare a W.A.R. and save yourself.

6 comments:

  1. Somewhere remember to have read: "Even if we win the race, we remain a rat!"
    Glad to be W.A.R. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your boss...or the HR guys don't end up reading this...lol !!!!
    The real aim of life is reproduction(9th standard bio textbook)...I guess it would be to contribute beyond yourself and be happy !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. got the taste of W.A.R. a while ago. its quite peaceful. will always live "W.A.R."

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm.. I can feel the frustration poured out here.. and feeling sorry for u..! But there are people who love to be in this Rat race.. it kind of gives them a confidence! :)

    But we are WAR!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's better to be in such a profession which you love .....life becomes somewhat easy.Life is a race if we don't participate we feel bored and if we do, we feel victimize ....but that's the way life is . nyways a good read.....

    ReplyDelete

Well, here's an empty box, if you feel like writing back.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...